Thursday, April 11, 2013

Waiting for Jesus

This Wednesday morning I waited for Jesus. It was a sunny day in Central Park. The weather was comfy and I was happy with the beginning of the spring.

In my way from Brooklyn to Manhattan I was thinking how cool is meeting people. When our path crosses other person path, life hapens. We learn, we feel, we view new realities, we experience new points of view.

As the Brazilian poet wrote: "A vida e' a arte do encontro", life is the art of meeting up.

So there I was waiting for Jesus. But before my rabbi having a heart attack, I feel obligate to explain that the Jesus I'm talking about is not the famous one. I was wating for the not so famous but also not anonymous trombone player Jesus Viramontes. (who is texting me right now)

We arranged to meet in Central Park, near the 110th - St. Cathedral Pkway Station. I understood: in the station. He thought: in the park. And we both, each in one place, waited for the other. Although life is the art of meeting up, there is a lot of mismatching in the life, as Vinicius de Moraes completed his verse.

Check the no-meeting and part of the Vinicius de Moraes song with a cool introduction in Spanish:



A arte do encontro from Celina Lerner on Vimeo.

Well, the day was beautiful and it was good to walk in the sun. We cleared the misunderstanding during the day and rescheduled the interview for Saturday. Jesus has an important role in the film, since he was one of the two students with Latin roots in the orchestra. The other latina is Kyla Moskovish, who should be interviewed this afternoon. Hasta luego, amigos.

No comments:

Post a Comment