Sunday, April 14, 2013

El corazón latino

There's a heart in the MSM Afro-Cuban Jazz Orchestra that beats in the rhythm of La Clave. Jesus Viramontes is the trombonist with Mexican roots, maybe the only musician in the group that grew up listen to those Latin rhythms that are on basis of Latin Jazz.

He came from California with his trombone, much hope and the love of his life. Where do we find this kind of amor hoy en día? I was thrilled with this demonstration of love - recorded yesterday in Central Park.


Irresistible, por Jesus Viramontes from Celina Lerner on Vimeo.

Technical note:

I will be very honest. In 15 years as an independent documentary filmmaker, I never bothered much with the audio of my films. The voice is audible? It is possible to understand what they're talking about? So it is great!

But everything changed with La Clave. The film is about music and I have to have a good audio. Little by little, with the huge help of new friends, this movie is entering in the audio world. External audio recorder and a good lavalier. I hope we can do a good sound to you guys.

I'd like to thanks my virtual friends from Profissionais do Video community, special thanks to: Yuri Kopcak, Keila Angela de Souza, Fabio Carneiro Leão, Werner Figueiredo, Mauricio Domene.

This video was recorder with a Canon 60D and the audio is just the sound of the lavalier mic (Countryman B3) recorder in a external audio recorder (Tascam DR-40). That's the fourth time I used this kit and I guess now I'm more confortable with it.

1 comment: